In this podcast, Ethan and Andrea discuss how you can improve your listening comprehension. Did you know that 60% of our time spent communicating is by listening? And that we only retain 25% of that information? This could even be less when English isn’t your native language. Be all ears in this fantastic episode and find out how you can become a better listener and improve your comprehension.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Watch us on YouTube
Words You’ll Learn:
- Food vs meal
- Dead perfect
- Go off on a rant (go off on one)
- “Today we’ll touch upon that”: to mention a subject quickly when speaking or writing about another subject.
- “Talking about whatever pops into your mind“: the first thing that you think of or that crossed your mind.
- The heart of the matter: the most important, basic, or fundamental essence or elements of an issue, problem, or matter at hand
- “This question is very fitting for today”: appropriate or opportune.
- “Listen to a podcast leisurely“: leisure is the time when one is not working or occupied; free time. Leisurely is the adverb form.
- Lie back: if you’re sitting down and you lie back, you lean with your back on a support. This is often said to mean you should relax.
- “Active listening will give you a boost“: to help you improve in something.
- Pick up on something: to manage to understand something. When you’re listening to someone speaking in English, you might be able to pick on some parts of the message even if you’re can’t comprehend everything.
- “Mirror what they say”: repeat exactly.
- Give your two cents: give your point of view or opinion on something.
- 199 – English Expressions that Confuse Everyone!
- 201 – These 7 Phrases will Make any English Conversation Easier!
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!