Ethan and Andrea go over a list of rather strange-sounding idioms. Have you ever heard “Bob’s your uncle!” or “My neck of the woods”? Learn about those and a few more in today’s podcast.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- Idiomatic expressions that don’t make much sense (at first hearing at least).
Words You’ll Learn:
- Playwright: someone who writes plays.
- Sharp: intelligent.
- Out of this world = incredible.
- To bob: make a quick, short movement up and down with you head.
- Mind Blowing: extremely amazing, impressive.
- Soften the blow: To make an unpleasant change or piece of news seem less unpleasant and easier to accept.
- Claws: The claws of a bird or animal are the thin , hard , curved nails at the end of its feet.
- A comeback: a reply.
- Timid = shy.
- Lost for words: unable to speak because of confusion, surprise, etc.
- Feeling gloomy: sad because you think the situation will not improve
- Withdrawal: a period during which someone feels ill because they have stopped taking a drug or other substance that they are addicted to.
- Lecture someone: an act of criticizing someone or warning them about something in a long serious talk, in a way that they think is unfair or unnecessary.
- Gauge: to calculate
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!