The end of the year is near which means it’s time for a lot of parties, food, and family. This is a great time to stop and smell the roses (take time to appreciate things) and be grateful for all you have.
In this episode we explore all the different holidays that happen at the end of the year, teach you about some common native pronunciation that confuses most learners, and get some inspiration from basketball legend, Michael Jordan. Enjoy!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save
Words you’ll learn
- That’s my two cents
- Super dope
- Slam dunk
- Dress up
- Trick and treat
- White Christmas
Words to Know
- Blend – to mix liquids together
- Take a shot – try, have a go
- Iconic – symbolic figure that represents something
- Switch – to change roles
- Sales – when shops have discounted prices on goods
- Snowy – a place full of snow
- Claudio Ferreira from Brazil – 5 Star iTunes Review (super doper podcast)
- Budiyanto from France/Indonesia – 5 star iTunes review
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- In this episode we talk all about the different holidays that are common at the end of around the United States and Australia. Learn a lot of great vocabulary all related to Halloween, Thanks Giving, Black Friday, and Christmas.
- In today’s tip you will learn about native pronunciation with insights about connected speech
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: FluencyT[email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
Song – Elvis Presley “Blue Christmas”
- Learn English with Elvis Presley (see article)
I’ll have a Blue Christmas without you
I’ll be so blue just thinking about you
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won’t be the same dear, if you’re not here with me
And when those blue snowflakes start falling
That’s when those blue memories start calling
You’ll be doin’ all right, with your Christmas of white
But I’ll have a blue, blue blue blue Christmas
You’ll be doin’ all right, with your Christmas of white,
But I’ll have a blue, blue Christmas