Getting your hair cut in a second language can be a very difficult and even scary thing to do. You don’t want to mess up your style with a bad haircut.
In this episode you are going to:
- learn lots of vocabulary related to getting your hair cut
- learn the difference between appointment, commitment, meeting, and plans
- learn why you should not ask someone to marry you in a boat.
Make sure you check the vocabulary below before listening.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save
Words You’ll Learn
- To propose
- Paddle Boat
- Not go swimmingly
- Pop the question
- Balling your eyes out
- Trim you hair
- Turn somebody down
- A man date
Words to know:
- Munching down- to eat quickly
- Entail that- suggests that
- Hot off the press- the newest news stories
- Dying to know- really want to know
- Mess things up- make a big mistake
- Roll with the punches- go with the flow, don’t be so reactive
- Bromance- when two guys are very close
- Jose Inacio from Spain (Fluency Circle member)
- Anca Felix from Mexico (5-Star iTunes Review)
Random News Story:
- Maybe Proposing in a Paddle Boat Wasn’t the Best Idea –See article with video
Conversation Topic: Hair Vocabulary
- A crew cut
- A Mohawk
- Afro hair
- Rat’s tail
- Braided hair
- Side spike
- A comb over
- Perm you hair
- Hair curler
- Piggy tails
- Hair extensions
- What’s the difference between appointment, commitment, arrangements, and plans?
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: F[email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
Song: Pavement “Cut your hair”
Darlin’ don’t you go and cut your hair
Do you think it’s gonna make him change?
“I’m just a boy with a new haircut”
And that’s a pretty nice haircut
Charge it like a puzzle,
Hit me wearin’ muzzles
Hesitate you’ll die, look around, around,
The second drummer’s drowned
His telephone is found
Music scene is crazy,
Bands start up each and every day
I saw another one just the other day
A special new band
I don’t remember lying
I don’t remember a line
I don’t remember a word
But I don’t care,
I really don’t care
Did you see the drummer’s hair?
Advertising looks and chops a must
No big hair!
Songs mean a lot
When songs are bought
And so are you
Face right down to the practice room
Attention and fame’s a career
Career, career, career, career, career