Real Life English Podcast #36 – Expressions Involving HOUSE
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save)
Words You’ll Learn
- On strike
- To get your fix
- Screen name
- To live under a rock
- Talking smack
Words to Know
Note: the definitions given are based on the context that they’re used within the podcast.
- Bargain – to try and get a better deal
- Juvenile – young
- It’s downhill – it just gets worse
- Made up – invented,
- Back in my day – when I was younger
- Tamed – animals suitable to have as pets
- Fired – what your company does to you when they no longer want you to work for them.
- Deadline – the time that something is needed to be completed.
- Clear up – remove any doubts
- Up-to-date – aware of what’s currently happening
- Rag – an old, small towel that’s used to clean
- Breeze – a small amount of wind
- Dr. Dre – a famous rapper/producer
- Weekly English events in Rio. Yoga in a castle on the sand this Saturday, October 5th.
- No podcast last week due to technical difficulties (we accidentally deleted it).
- Trevor did the first Real Life party in Rio, Ethan did the first Real Life party in Barcelona, and Justin and Chad did the first Real Life party in São Paulo
- Trevor started doing One Minute English Video Lessons
- Castilhoft from Brazi
- ?? from China
- Mvbpereira from Brazil
- How do you use and respond to “What’s up?” including how NOT to say “what’s up.”
- Back to the wall
- Hit the roof
- Wipe the floor
- To sit on the fence
- House of cards
- Practice your English with Google Games
- What’s rhymes with….
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
Return from Expressions with House to RealLife English ESL Podcasts
I’m so thankful for being here listening to your postcats and i agree that listening to podcast is a pratical way to practice english and i just wanna congratulation you guys for this wonderful job that you’ve been doing here and i love your podcasts i hope these podcasts will not vanish as a dust in the air
Thanks Wallace! We do it to help people like you. :^)