Planning on traveling on planning to the US soon, but haven’t prepared for the visa interview?
In this episode you are going to learn all about what to expect when going through the application process, and how to prepare for the interview.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Radio Power Lesson course
(40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Nutty – to be a little bit crazy | Check out out free course
- Jump through hoops – when you’re forced to do things just to follow protocol
- Rehearse – practice something before performing
- To nail something – do something perfectly
- Overstay – to stay longer than you should
- Relative – someone who is related to you (often confused for parents)
- Bank statement – a document showing you how much money you have in your back account
- a Budget – a fixed amount of money you have allocated for your expenses
- Book a ticket – to make a reservation
- Asset – a useful or valuable thing or person
- Leave from work – time off from work
- Retirement pension – a pension paid by the state to retired people above a certain age
- A lump sum – a large quantity of money
- Gatekeeper – a protecter of a junction to prevent people from getting through
- Put someone under a microscope – to examine or think about a situation very carefully
- Vet someone – interview someone to make sure they aren’t crazy
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Flue[email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!