How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Did you try to read that out loud? Did you find it hard? That’s a tongue twister. They usually have the same sounding consonants, so when you try to say each word the pronunciation comes out all wrong. Tongue twisters are a fun and great way to practice your articulation and your pronunciation. They challenge your capacity to enunciate the individual sounds in each word, so you don’t trip up and forces you to pay careful attention to the precise sounds in each word. Join us in this fun lesson where Ethan, Andrea and yourself are put to the test with 6 tricky tongue twisters!
Words You’ll Learn in the App
- Trip up
- To be put to the test
- Happy as a clam
- To cram
- And many more in the app.
- Learn more Vocabulary
- Full Digital Transcripts
- Speak with People from All Around the World
- It’s 100% Free
The Tongue Twisters
- Rory the warrior and Roger the worrier were reared wrongly in a rural brewery.
- How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
- Roberta ran rings around the Roman ruins
- Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear.
- The sixth sick sheikh’s sixth sheep’s sick
- Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie.
- Download The RealLife English App
- Sign up to our three-part Power Learning Series
- Instagram: @reallife.english
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!