This week we have a reason to celebrate. We’re now a 4 million people community on YouTube! And because a lot of people are congratulating us on YouTube, we decided it’d be fitting to record a podcast on different ways to say congratulations. This is a word that learners often misuse, so we detail the different situations when it is okay to say “congratulations” (hint: not on someone’s birthday!).
- Hats off to you!
- (Give yourself) a pat on the back
- Get in there!! Or just Get in! (British)
- Good on you! or Good for you!
- Good/great job! (pronunciation difference)
- You did it!
- Nice going!
- Nice one!
- Way to go!
- Keep up the good work (good for projects/work)
- Mad respect
Other Words You’ll Learn
- Keep me on my toes
- Gorge yourself on
- To take it for a spin
- Tormenting Keeling over
Quick Definitions from the Episode
- Trustworthy: if someone is trustworthy, you can trust them because they are honest.
- Sip (something/on something): to drink something slowly, taking very small mouthfuls.
- The pot of gold (at the end of the rainbow): great wealth or something very good which someone hopes or tries hard to get, but is difficult to get.
- Overuse: to use something too much.
- Hang in: to remain brave and determined when you are in a difficult situation.
- Definitions to All Vocab Items
- Full Digital Transcripts
- Speak with People from All Around the World
- It’s 100% Free
- Join our App Waiting List
- Sign up to our three-part Power Learning Series
- Did you find this topic interesting and would like to continue learning about it? Go to our Instagram @reallife.english and get some bonus tips!
- RealLife English Podcast #229 – 15 Useful Idioms: Weather Idioms to Use in Daily Conversation
- RealLife English Podcast #221 – Best Australian Series to Learn English
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!