Is it possible to get fluent in 3 months as many companies claim? Can you do it without leaving your home country? In today’s podcast, Ethan, Andrea and Ollie, define what fluency is and what effect a 3-month plan can have on your ability to speak English.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Words You’ll Learn:
- Become red-faced
- Laugh it off
- Hinder your progress
- Swayed: control or influence (a person or course of action)
- Be taken advantage of: if someone takes advantage of you, they treat you unfairly for their own benefit, especially when you are trying to be kind or to help them.
- Someone promises you the world: to promise one something that is not feasible or cannot be done.
- Deliver (on a promise): do what you have promised to do.
- Hold your own: to be as successful as other people or things in a situation.
- Kiss-ass: Impressive. This is a very informal expression.
- “I’m rubbish at accents” = I’m not good at imitating accents.
- To make the best out of a bad situation: To deal with and create the best possible outcome of a bad, unfortunate, or unpleasant situation or set of circumstances.
- “…when plans fall through“ = when a plan fails
- Someone is living proof: someone that provides an example that proves that something can be done.
- “Don’t be too harsh on yourself”: unpleasant, unkind, cruel, or more severe than is necessary.
- Commute: to make the same journey regularly between work and home
- “You’ll be able to empathize with each other because you’re in the same boat“: if you empathize with someone or if you say you’re in the same boat with that person, you understand and share the feelings as that person.
- Pick up (on mistakes): to notice (mistakes).
- Come out of your shell: if you come out of your shell, you become more interested in other people and more willing to talk and take part in social activities.
- Join our App Waiting List.
- 8 Exercises To Improve Your English Speaking Alone
- 11 Tips To SPEAK Better English as an Introvert
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!