Plus you’re gonna get a whole lot of new vocabulary all related to going out with friends and having fun, and the confusing difference between the words house and home.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Super duper
- Give something a twist
- A fine
- Potty mouth
- Have a bender
- Make an ass of yourself
- Chick flick
- Hang out
- Hit someone up/Hit a place up
Words to Know:
- Gutter – the edge of a road or house roof where water runs
- Dillydallying – taking a long time to do something, procrastinating
- Bust out something – to reveil something, pull something out
- Old school – something that was common in the past
- A play – a theatrical show
- Betty from Mexico – “I want my shoutout!”
Random News Story:
- 80 Pound Fine for Swearing in Public – See article here
Conversation Topic: Out on the Town
Some common way to ask people if they want to go out.
- Do you want to grab a beer/coffee?
- Do you want to hangout?
- We should chill.
- Can I get your digits/number/facebook?
- What’s the difference between HOUSE and HOME????
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
Song and Lyrics: Katchafire “Seriously”
Seriously, its been a long time
Since I’ve heard from thee
Since you dropped me a line
Well I know
What you’ve been going through
And I know
What I’ve been telling you
Seriously girl give me another one
I happen to know what’s gonna happen next
The rhythm will pull you into this here jam
I reckon the rhythm just can’t stop you moving
And everywhere you look people be dancing near – yeah
I don’t drive no flashy car
I don’t wear no flashy ring girl
You don’t see me trying bling bling girl yeah
Give me another one…