In this episode of RealLife Radio we are chatting with the virally famous online English educator Jason R Levine, Fluency Mc. Learn all about his innovative approach to learning languages through rap music, and more importantly having fun with the language. Aww Yeah!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on the MP3 Player Above & Click “Save”
NOTE: Fluency MC is doing live student workshops with Gallery Languages on the Rhyme On Time tour.
Words you’ll Learn
- School of dolphins/fish – a school is the collective noun for fish and dolphins
- Dig it – to really love and enjoy something
- Steer me strong – teach me and direct me well
- It’s funny you should ask – an expression use for coincidental situations
- Bottle nose dolphin – a species of dolphin with a bottled shaped nose
- Fan mail – messages received from people who are fans of what you do
- Martian – an alien, extraterrestrial
- Make the grade – to come up to expectations
- Hit the spot – appropriately serves for the situation
- Walk the walk – to actually do all the things you teach and tell others to do
- A bomb way – colloquial way to say a really good way
- That is the bomb – colloquial way to say that something is really good
- That bombed – colloquial way to say that something (generally a performance is really bad)
- Nasty (x2) – that fish burger looks nasty (not appetizing) / that song is nasty (really cool)
- Fusion – a mixture of two elements, common when talking about music
- Getting some respect for that – to get appreciated for your performance
- To stick – to stay with you, get stuck in your head
- Kick it – have fun and relax with friends
- Cut someone off – to interrupt someone while speaking
- Pop out – to come out unexpectedly (Jase is referring to new words popping out)
- 5 star iTunes Review – Manuela from Spain
- Kelex Elfie – Hello Sir Ethan!!
Kick Ass Quote
- “What we learn with pleasure we never forget” -Alfred Mercier
- In today’s conversation topic we are talking with Fluency MC, discussing the innovative methods of his language teaching, and hear what about how his techniques are helping people all around the world on their path to true, lifelong fluency.
- Fluency MC give us a special preview of his newest educational rap song called “Get a Life.”
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
- If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!