#169: How to Learn Like a Child
Have you ever had someone tell you that you should learn another language like a child? Does this actually work? And if so, how do you do this?
In this episode, we will share with you some surprising truths about how children learn languages and techniques that you need to be applying to your own English learning right now… let’s jump in!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Native Immersion Course (40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Childish – infantile, immature
- Somersault – rolling your entire body forward, head first
- Playground – a public place with various structures for children to play on
- Of a divine nature – God-like, from the heavens
- Encapsulate – to express the essence of something succinctly
- Childlike – Something that is related to children
- Wide-eyed excitement – a sort of excitement that makes your eyes seem to grow in size
- Cut loose – to let go of one’s inhibitions
- Jaw-dropping – amazing, spectacular
- Jaw – the lower part of the mouth that moves up and down when you chew
- Clean slate – to start from zero
- Gimmick – a trick intended to attract attention or publicity
- Springboard – something that helps you get a strong start
- Trip over – to be caused to fall or almost fall by something, or figuratively, to be given difficulties by something
- String together – to connect ideas
- Smooth sailing – having the ability to do something without many challenges or difficulties
- Ghetto – a place characterized by poverty, and often lower education and violence
- Emulate – to mimic
- Take something with a grain of salt – to listen to advice, but with a certain level of skepticism
- Unleash – to set free
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
is it possible to provide the transcript of each episode? it will help a lot.
I agree . Could you? It would help a lot.
I don’t think so, it’s just too much work to transcribe audio files and these podcasts are available por free 🙂
Thanks so much for your support, Manuel. Just a side note: we do have a full course with transcripts, explanations, vocabulary training, and much more! https://reallifeglobal.com/immersion
thanks a lot, you are helping to be infants in English😉
If learning a language would be as easy as children do. It is not for nothing that in our time, many are trying to teach children several languages from birth. Bilinguals can easily use several languages and this is a fact.