In this episode you are going learn a ton of new vocabulary and expressions as we ramble (talk with no direction) about fashion and clothing. We even attempt to describe women’s clothing, although we know we didn’t do a very complete job.
We also discuss, Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay, some embarrassing differences between British and American English, and teach you some common idiomatic expressions related to clothing. Aww yeah!!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on the MP3 Player Above & Click “Save”
Words You Will Learn
- Stylish – a person who wear fashionable clothes
- prejudice – an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race, sex, religion, etc
- Take you up on something – to accept someone’s offer
- Head over – go to a place; I’m heading over to my girlfriend’s house
- Gay – before referring to homosexuality, gay meant happy
- Arise – to come up, appear
- Forbidden – no permitted
- Wind up – to result in; he wound up quitting his job because his boss was prejudice
- Birthday suit – expression to say someone is naked; Justin wears his birthday suit when he records the podcast
- Hoody – a sweat shirt that has a hood which covers your head
- Free ball – a situation when a man is not wearing underwear
- Tank top – a shirt with no sleeves used in the summer time
- Board shorts – shorts used often by surfers
- Speedo – a small bathing suit; budgie smuggler is an Australian slang for this
- Behind the times – out of style, not up to date with current trend
- To be down to earth – to be very genuine andhumble
- High heels – a women elegant shoe that has a high arching heel
- Panties – women’s underwear
- Stockings – very big socks women use to cover their legs
- Pop into my head – to have a sudden thought appear
- Mittens – a very warm glove used in winter time
- Beanie – knitted hat used in winter time
- 5 star iTunes Review: Oscar Coto form El Salvador
Random News Story
- Christian Site Ban on the G Word Sends Homosexual to the Olympics -read more here
- Justin and Chad talk about fashion, the different kinds of clothes used by western people all over the world, and try to explain women’s style.
As people are always asking us to teach more expressions, today we are going to teach you 5 common expressions related to clothing.
- a wolf in sheep’s clothing
- below the belt
- at the drop of a hat
- to wear the pants
- from rags to riches
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
- If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]om
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!