#191: 8 Myths About English Fluency
In today’s podcast Andrea, Justin and Ethan talk about common myths about English fluency and give great advice on how to improve your learning process.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- 8 Myths About English Fluency
- You can find an extra advice in our Instagram: @RealLife.English
Words You’ll Learn:
- To have a clean bill of health: a statement that someone is healthy.
- Heartfelt: sincere; deeply or strongly felt.
- To pay (something) forward: when someone does something nice for you, you propagate that by doing something nice for someone else.
- Assume: to suppose, without proof.
- Myths: a widely held but false belief or idea.
- A budding (something): something that becomes larger as part of normal growth.
- Stump: to be unable to answer a question or solve a problem because it is too difficult.
- To pull one’s leg: to play a joke on someone.
- Empathy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
- Put something on a pedestal: to believe that something is perfect.
- Immersion: to be deeply involved with something.
- Blew you away: to be very impressed by someone or something.
- Hinder: to limit the ability of someone to do something.
- Pay off: if an action pays off, it is successful after a period of time.
- A handful of something: a small amount of things.
- Plateau: a state of no change following a period of progress.
- Polish something up: to improve a skill.
- Narrate: to tell a story or to describe events as they happen.
- To get the gist of something: to understand the central matter of something.
- Dormant: not active or growing, but having the ability to be active at a later time.
- Rusty: weakened by lack of recent practice.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
I can’t thank you enough for it. This stimulate a passion for learning English so much.
you so much
All the material are really awesone!!! Thank you.
Aww yeah, Wellington, that means so much. Thanks for your support and keep rockin’ your English!