RealLife Radio #61 – Shopping in a Nutshell
In this episode you are going to find out about a Miley Cyrus’ tragic loss, learn a lot of shopping terms and expressions, AND discover some cool alternatives to using swear words and bad language. Awww Yeah!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Peanut and Jelly sandwich/Jam
- What’s crackin?
- Playing it safe
- Jam packed
- Pass away
- Pour your heart out
- Torn up
- Trials and Tribulations
- Window shopping
- Outlets/ Outlet centers
- Get rid of / Do away with something
- Hanging over your head
- Pay off
Words to Know:
- Cachaca – a Brazilia alcohol made from sugar cane
- The underground – a place where spirits and ghosts live
- Shopaholic – someone addicted to shopping
- The urge – a strong desire
- Fountain – a display of water on a local place
- Fullfilling – an act that makes you feel good in a deep way
- Elaine – Our friend, our dentist, and an awesome English learner!
Random News Story:
- Miley Syris Sings to Giant Inflatable Dog – See article
- The Trials and Tribulations of Shopping
- The difference between Mall and Shopping Centre
- Alternatives to swear words so you don’t offend people
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
Song and Lyrics: Maclemore and Ryan Lewis “Thrift Shop”
Hey, Macklemore! Can we go thrift shopping?
What, what, what, what…
I’m gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I – I – I’m hunting, looking for a come-up
This is fucking awesome[Verse 1:]
Nah, walk up to the club like, “What up? I got a big cock!”
I’m so pumped about some shit from the thrift shop
Ice on the fringe, it’s so damn frosty
That people like, “Damn! That’s a cold ass honkey.”
Rollin’ in, hella deep, headin’ to the mezzanine,
Dressed in all pink, ‘cept my gator shoes, those are green
Draped in a leopard mink, girls standin’ next to me
Probably shoulda washed this, smells like R. Kelly’s sheets
But shit, it was ninety-nine cents! (Bag it)
Coppin’ it, washin’ it, ’bout to go and get some compliments
Passin’ up on those moccasins someone else’s been walkin’ in
Bummy and grungy, fuck it, man
I am stuntin’ and flossin’ and
Savin’ my money and I’m hella happy that’s a bargain, bitch
I’ma take your grandpa’s style, I’ma take your grandpa’s style,
No for real – ask your grandpa – can I have his hand-me-downs? (Thank you)
Velour jumpsuit and some house slippers
Dookie brown leather jacket that I found diggin’
They had a broken keyboard, I bought a broken keyboard
I bought a skeet blanket, then I bought a kneeboard
Hello, hello, my ace man, my Mello
John Wayne ain’t got nothing on my fringe game, hell no
I could take some Pro Wings, make them cool, sell those
The sneaker heads would be like “Aw, he got the Velcros”[Hook x2][Verse 2:]
What you know about rockin’ a wolf on your noggin?
What you knowin’ about wearin’ a fur fox skin?
I’m digging, I’m digging, I’m searching right through that luggage
One man’s trash, that’s another man’s come-up
Thank your granddad for donating that plaid button-up shirt
‘Cause right now I’m up in her stuntin’
I’m at the Goodwill, you can find me in the (Uptons)
I’m not, I’m not stuck, I’m searchin’ in that section (Uptons)
Your grammy, your aunty, your momma, your mammy
I’ll take those flannel zebra jammies, second-hand, I rock that motherfucker
The built-in onesie with the socks on that motherfucker
I hit the party and they stop in that motherfucker
They be like, “Oh, that Gucci – that’s hella tight.”
I’m like, “Yo – that’s fifty dollars for a T-shirt.”
Limited edition, let’s do some simple addition
Fifty dollars for a T-shirt – that’s just some ignorant bitch (shit)
I call that getting swindled and pimped (shit)
I call that getting tricked by a business
That shirt’s hella dough
And having the same one as six other people in this club is a hella don’t
Peep game, come take a look through my telescope
Tryna get girls from a brand and you hella won’t
Man you hella won’t
(Goodwill… poppin’ tags… yeah!)
I wear your granddad’s clothes
I look incredible
I’m in this big ass coat
From that thrift shop down the road
I wear your granddad’s clothes (damn right)
I look incredible (now come on man)
I’m in this big ass coat (big ass coat)
From that thrift shop down the road (let’s go)
Is that your grandma’s coat?
but how to become a member???????????