We’re celebrating the 200th episode of the RealLife English Podcast! If that wasn’t enough of a celebratory occasion, we’ve reached 3 Million subscribers on Learn English with TV Series and 100,000 in the RealLife English YouTube channel. This is all thanks to you! In this episode, Justin and Ethan look back at the origins of RealLife English in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Don’t miss out!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- The Hero’s Journey
- Justin and Ethan’s journey before founding RealLife English
- How RealLife English got started
Words You’ll Learn:
- Revenge is a dish best served cold
- Pull the rug from under someone
- Scratch our own edge
- (Take off) the blindfold
- To embed
- Get one’s bearings
- Aha moment
- Get an earful
- A start-up
- Be thrown into the deep end
- (Reach a) milestone: A significant stage or event in the development of something.
- Converge: If lines, roads, or paths converge, they move towards the same point where they join or meet.
- Outdated: Old-fashioned, obsolete.
- Hardship: Difficult situation because of lack of money.
- Waking up experience: An experience that makes you aware of a problem or danger.
- Mind blowing = extremely surprising.
- Hustle: To work really hard.
- Tell someone off: To reprimand someone.
- Walk the talk: To do what you say you’re going to do.
- Mentorship: The influence, guidance, or direction given by a mentor (a trusted counselor or guide).
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!