Ludmila, from Brazil, is a great example of how someone with the right motivation, and enough will power, can quickly outgrow traditional language learning methods, and achieve true lifelong fluency.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on the MP3 Player Above & Click “Save”
Words to know:
- Fuzzy – unclear
- Freezing to death – an expressions to emphasize the coldness
- Blind folded – to have a piece of fabric covering your eyes and bl0cking your vision
- Catching up with someone – to reunite with friends
- Born and raised – expressions to say you were born and lives your life in a particular city
- Kudos – congratulations, props to you
- Ghetto – a largely populated and poorer area of a city
- From the hood – gangster expression meaning from the ghetto or dangerous part of town
- Bring the goods – to bring something that is required of you
- Back it up – to defend something
- Awkward – uncomfortable situation
- Worldly – a person who knows a lot about the world
- Your background – your personal history
- Laidback – someone who is not too serious or strict
- Screw it – expression to say “who cares” or “don’t worry about it”
- Get away with something – to do something bad without being punished
- Troublemaker / Rascal – a child who misbehaves
- Vlogs – video blog
- Vlogger – the person who creates the vlog
- Straight to the jugular – expressions meaning without hesitation
- Push yourself – to challenge yourself
- Unscripted – a performance which has no choreographed lines
- Ranting – talking about a subject for longer than needed
- Brain dump – to put all your ideas down on paper
- Whipped out – to take out, to show
- Slip by – to go past without you noticing
- How to make English a Part of Your Life
- Fluent with Friends Course
- Charlie McDonnell
- Joey Graceffa
- Tourism Tiger
- Tamil – Aww Yeah from Japan, um grande beijo para todos
- Manoonoi from Thailand – 5 Star iTunes Review
Kick ass quote:
“You live a new life for every new language you speak. If you know only one language, you live only once.” –Czech proverb
- Our special guest Ludmila talks about her language learning experience and gives us some tips about the most impactful things she did to obtain fluency.
- Test your comprehension and get some great new vocabulary with this funny scence from Friends
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
- If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!