- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will Right Click and Save)
Words to Know
- Standing up – when all of your weight is on your feet, not sitting
- Bimonthly – two times a month
- Pissed off – angry
- Legit – short for legitimate
- Upset – sad
- Old chestnut – something you’ve heard many times before
- Lipstick – makeup that you put on your mouth
- Shovel – a tool used to dig into the ground
- Boogie board – a small board used to catch waves
- Swoop – to move rapidly down through the air
- Mercy – showing someone compassion instead of punishing them
- Chop – to cut through something
- Trevor is moving to Rio and will start the Real Life English Party and other events there. If you want to meet up with Trevor and have a coffee, beer, açaí, coconut water or whatever, send him an email at [email protected]
- Marcelo Moreira from Belo Horizonte, Brazil—5 star iTunes review
- Alex Rivera from El Salvador, @alexrivera210
- Sometimes the verb “to come” can be used as the word “to go.” For example, “I’m coming with you,” not “I’m going with you.” Why is this?
- See the article on How to Use the Word “Go” for more info.
- Put two and two together
- The whole nine yards
- One fell swoop
- Back to square one
- Mimic Method by Idahosa
- The two rules for success
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]