Have you ever thought to yourself, “I’ll never be fluent in English–I’m too old!” Or maybe you just think that now you are an adult and you can only become fluent when you are a kid.
Whether you are lost and confused or are making excuses for your learning, you will find this episode extremely useful to answer these question.
And if you like it, be sure to let us know in the comments below and by sharing it with someone who needs a bit of motivation to learn!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Native Immersion Course (40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Funky – modern and stylish in a surprising way
- Slurp – to loudly drink something
- Prunes – dehydrated plums
- Wheelchair – a chair with wheels used for mobility by a disabled person
- Roundhouse Kick – to kick someone by throwing ones legs into the air in a spinning motion
- To mind (something) – to be bothered or annoyed by something
- To matter – to be important
- Mind over matter – to use mental strength to overcome physical or emotional suffering
- To put your mind to (something) – to focus on finding a solution to a problem
- To grow old – to become older, to age
- To grow up – to become mature
- To get jaded – to become warn down and exhausted by life
- Lucid – showing the ability to think clearly
- You can’t teach an old dog new tricks – expression commenting that old people (or dogs) can’t learn to do new things — which is of course not true
- Set in your ways – That you are used to a certain manner of living and resist any change or novelty
- Episode 166 – 28 Terms and Expressions Related to Death
- Sir Richard Branson Podcast Interview
- Growth/Fixed Mindset
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!