Where there is a will, there is a way!
Nowhere is this truer than when learning a foreign languages. This expression explains that if one’s desire and determination are enough, she can find a way to do anything.
So, if you bring your want of English fluency, and you are willing to work hard for it, then we will show you the way!
In this podcast, you will learn the 3 pillars of determination:
- Vision, and
If you start your journey by concretizing these three qualities into your mindset, you will be unstoppable. Let’s do exactly that in this episode of the RealLife English podcast, aww yeah!
Remember to see the homework below…
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Radio Power Lesson course
(40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Gritty – full of passion and determination to achieve your goals
- Shootin’ Hoops – playing basketball
- the Hood – short for “the neighborhood.” Generally denotes a poorer neighborhood
- Treadmill – a machine one can use to run indoors
- Catch up on sleep – to recuperate lost sleep
- Lose sleep – to not be able to get a full night sleep (or several nights’ sleep)
- A frog in the throat – to have a funny voice because one is sick
- Phlegm – mucus
- Relentless – not giving up
- Rungs on the ladder – the bars that connect two sides of a ladder and allow one to climb up
- Day in and day out – every day, without fail
- Affirmation – a positive statement
- Lean into (something) – to do something even against what you feel like doing
- Go hand in hand – to go together well
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Podcast Number 150 (outline of the RealLife Way)
- Carol Dweck Growth/Fixed Mindset
- How to Speak English without Mistakes
Why you are learning English
- Take some time to think about this (at least 15 minutes)
- Come up with your biggest goal. You should be excited when you think about it and it should not be superficial (e.g. get a better job)!
- If it is superficial, as yourself “Why” until you get to the answer, “Just because.”
- Write it as an Affirmation in present tense on a piece of paper or sticky note (e.g. I am comfortable and confident speaking English with anyone, anywhere)
- Put it somewhere where you will see it a few times each day
30 Day Challenge
- Watch this
- This about your deepest desire and why for learning. What’s the highest impact habit you can integrate to reach that goal?
- Important: What can you put at stake for if you don’t complete your objective
- Who will hold you accountable?
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: FluencyTeam@RealLifeGlobal.com
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!