In this episode, we are thrilled to present an outline of our new comprehensive 5-Step methodology that we have developed over the last four years with RealLife English. The next FIVE episodes will go in depth about each step of the RealLife Way and how YOU can start applying this to your English and your life:
- PART I – Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way
- PART II – Don’t Just Learn it, Live it
- PART III – Discover the Truth About “Native” English
- PART IV – Step Outside of Your Comfort Zone and SPEAK English
- PART V – Be the Change Your Wish to See in the World
If you listen to every episode in the next few weeks and apply the principles, then we have the following promise:
We will Inspire you to awaken the determination you need to realize your true potential, not only as an English learner, but as a human being.
We will Empower you build the strategies, skills, and courage you need to step outside the classroom into the real world, and not just learn English, but to live it.
We will Connect you to a world beyond beyond borders, a global consciousness, community, and realization of the fact that no matter what divides us, that what unites us is far greater.
We are super excited to present you with this dynamic, new methodology for English learning, so without further ado, let’s jump into the lesson!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Radio Power Lesson course
(40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Rocking – to be doing or wearing something in a good way
- Partner in crime – Someone with whom you commit crimes (often used jokingly)
- Get a peak at – to take a quick look at something
- Unroll (something) – to introduce a new plan or strategy
- Kick ass (v.) / kickass (adj.) – to do something very well / cool, awesome
- Determination – firmness of purpose
- Rain or shine – doing something regardless of exterior conditions or circumstances
- Plateau – to go through a period without growth or decline
- Have a breakthrough – to have a sudden realization or insight that helps you progress forward
- Tipping point – the point at which a series of small changes or incidents becomes significant enough to cause a larger, more important change
- Ah-ha moment – an epiphany, sudden realization or insight
- Hone in – to focus
- Glimpse – to have a brief look at or into something
- Tap into something – to access
- Benefit of the doubt – to take something into consideration without pre-judgements
- Caricature – a drawing that exaggerates prominent features
- Step on some toes – to do something that my be considered against societal expectations or norms
- Embody – to be the physical manifestation of something
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!