RealLife Radio #100 – The Fascinating Story of RealLife English
Let’s celebrate 100 episodes of RealLife Radio. Aww Yeah!!!
For such a special occasion we are going to focus this podcast on telling the story of RealLife English, and how this whole movement started. From 2 roommates, to a community of over 120,000 English learners and speakers from all over the world, and plenty more exciting stuff coming in the very near future.
We also wanted to give big thanks to everyone who has supported us and given us great feedback from the very beginning.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save
Join our Fluency Course ‘Fluent with Friends’
Words You Will Learn:
- Rad – awesome, cool,
- Freaking – less offensive alternative to f#*king
- Stoked – to be excited about something
- Road trip – to travel a long distance by car or bus
- Super duper – older expression used to say really good
- Let it rip – go for it, let it go
- Rip one – fart, flatulence
- Roommate – a person you share an apartment with
- Brainstorm – to come up with a lot of ideas for discussion and/or elaboration
- Throw a party – to organize a party (we never say MAKE a party)
- Win-win situations – a situation where everyone involved is benefitting
- Fulfilled – getting gratification out of what you do
- Freeloader – someone who expects to receive things without giving in return
- Appealing – interesting, attractive
- To wing something – to perform something without preparing anything
- Brag – to talk highly about yourself to others
- Get onboard – to start taking part in an organization
- Noha from Palestine – “Hey folks! I’d love to thank you so much for this super duper experience in learning English. I’ve never imagined that I would listen to the same podcast four to six times. Yeah, I do so. Listening to it one time, two times, or even three times is never enough.”
Leave us a review and get a shoutout in a future episode!
Click to learn how for iTunes and Stitcher
- “Small acts when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world.” – Howard Zinn
- Learn about the epic tale (classic story) of RealLife English and how we evolved from to friends who randomly started sharing an apartment, to creating a global movement of English learners and speakers.
- This conversation topic was suggest by a big RealLife English fan, an awesome member of our community, and a friend of ours, Rawda from Egypt. Thanks for all the support!
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
- Take a look at what some of our members from all around the world have to say about the RealLife English movement. Are you ready to get involved?
Fantastic work, Chad. Congratulations!
My lovely teachers ,,,
Congratulations ,,, you did it .!! Awesome 🙂
When I joined this group, I didn't joined just to learn English but also to live it . and it happened.. I have lived this Language every day with a lovely family I found and can say my second family , brothers & sisters…,,, and all this I owe to you my dear teachers who created this great group.. please keep it up ,, and as always I need your support.
Aaawww Yeaaaah !