In today’s podcast Andrea is joined by Ksenia and Agniezka, who are both part of the RealLife English team. They share different tips for teaching English to kids and they also talk about their own experience teaching it to their kids.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- How to Teach English to Your Children
Words You’ll Learn:
- Customer success: similar to “Customer support”; a department in a company that’s in charge of responding to customer’s questions and concerns.
- Have a realization: to become aware of something.
- A clean slate: not considering past experiences. Children are said to be born a “blank slate”, meaninig that they have no previous mental systems.
- Hit the nail on the head: to describe exactly what is causing a situation or problem
- Be like a sponge: the state of being able to absorb a lot of new information at once.
- It’s down to personal preference = it depends on one’s likes or dislikes.
- Set a routine = to establish a routine.
- Skip a class = to miss a class.
- Easier said than done: we can talk about doing something, but when we try to do it, it’s not so easy.
- Emotional wellbeing: the state of feeling well.
- Reception class (UK): the first year of primary school (kindergarten in the US)
- Phonics: the study of the individual sounds of a language.
- Kinesthetic learning: a type of learning that’s characterised by movement.
- Nursery rhymes: a short rhyme for children that often tells a story
- Mindset: the established set of attitudes held by someone.
- Trial and error: the process of experimenting with various methods of doing something until one finds the most successful.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!