In this week’s podcast, we’re talking all about connected speech! You’ll learn about how we often don’t pronounce some words, how we reduce others and how we change some sounds in order to flow more naturally with our speech. This is a really interesting topic that will not only allow you to understand native English better, but you can also use this in your everyday speech too. At the end, we put ourselves to the test with the classic “Betty Botter bought some butter“ tongue twister. So, stick till the end to check that out and give it a go yourself!
Words You’ll Learn in the App
- Trip up
- Get hooked (on something)
- Cup of tea
- To get ahead of yourself
- Give it a go
- Definitions to All Vocab Items
- Full Digital Transcripts
- Speak with People from All Around the World
- It’s 100% Free
- Join our App Waiting List
- Sign up to our three-part Power Learning Series
- Did you find this topic interesting and would like to continue learning about it? Go to our Instagram @reallife.english and get some bonus tips!
- The #1 Key to Advanced Fluency: Word Chunks
- Learn English With One Direction
- They hate us cause they ain’t us
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!