Have you ever heard someone say that something speaks volumes? Or ever wondered about the difference between “speak up” and “speak out”? In today’s podcast Ethan, Andrea and Ollie talk all about different expressions with the word “speak.” Not only will you learn what these actually mean, but you’ll learn how to use them in everyday conversation as well.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Words You’ll Learn:
- Beach season
- Operation bikini
- Speak the same language
- Add volume to your hair
- Dish/dish the dirt
- Hit on (someone)
- It’s none of your business
- Diehard fan
- Sore: a part of your body that is sore is painful, because of infection or because you have used a muscle too much.
- Better off: happier, improved, more successful, etc.
- All year round: during the whole year.
- Strut: to walk proudly with your head high and your chest pushed forwards, showing that you think you are important.
- Confident in your own skin: feeling confident and good about yourself.
- Definitions to All Vocab Items
- Full Digital Transcripts
- Speak with People from All Around the World
- It’s 100% Free
- Join our App Waiting List
- Sign up to our three-part Power Learning Series
- Did you find this topic interesting and would like to continue learning about it? Go to our Instagram @reallife.english and get some bonus tips!
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!