In this week’s podcast, we’re talking all about how you can use dating apps to practice your English. We discuss why these apps are useful to learn English and how you can start today. We’ll also tell you how you can start a conversation and reply as well as some safety issues to be aware of.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Words You’ll Learn:
- Hell of a something
- What the hell attitude
- Pluck up the courage
- Sketchy (US) / Dodgy (UK)
- Blank profile
- Beat around the bush
- Embed / Embedded
- Get catfished
- Joyful: feeling, expressing, or causing great pleasure and happiness.
- “Freshly squeezed orange juice“: if you squeeze an orange, you extract its juice by pressing it with your fingers.
- “Spice up your love life”: make it more interesting.
- Frightened: scared.
- “It’s very important that you get your reps in”: this is a way of saying that you need to practice. A rep (short for “repetition”) is one movement of a muscle in a workout exercise.
- “You’re always hinting at your personal life”: Ethan says this because Ollie often talks about his personal life.
- “We’re not going to dive in too deep into my personal life”: Ollie means that he isn’t going to give you a lot of details about his personal life. To dive in deep means to examine a subject in a lot of detail.
- Small talk: polite friendly conversation about unimportant subjects
- “Add vocabulary to your arsenal“: the equipment, methods etc. that someone can use to help them achieve something
- Break the ice: do or say something to relieve tension or get conversation going in a strained situation or when strangers meet
- Laugh (something) off: To laugh something off means to laugh at an unpleasant situation in order to make it seem less important.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!