Platforms like Zoom, Skype of Google Meet are used more now than ever before. Some of our students have brought up some of the challenges that come with speaking in English while using these platforms. What do we say when the audio isn’t working? Or when the other person’s screen freezes? Or when we accidentally interrupt ourselves? Ethan, Andrea and Ollie share some strategies, tips, and vocabulary to use in video conferences, no matter if it’s a business meeting, a team meeting, meeting with your friends or even having an interview.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Words You’ll Learn:
- Hot stuff
- Hearing (legal term)
- Crack up
- Crack a whip
- Small talk
- Solicit a status report
- (do something) right off the bat
- Wrestle: to fight with someone (especially as a sport) by holding them and trying to throw them to the ground.
- “…use something flirtatiously”: in a way that suggests you are sexually attracted to someone, especially not in a serious way.
- To be hooked (on something): addicted.
- Keep one’s cool: remain calm.
- Best practice: Best practices are a set of guidelines, ethics or ideas that represent the most efficient or prudent course of action, in a given business situation.
- “…once you get to the bulk of the talk”: tha main or most important part.
- Speak up: express one’s opinions frankly and openly.
- Fumble: Express oneself or deal with something clumsily or nervously.
- Fan: a machine with turning blades that is used to cool the air in a room by moving it around.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!