#222: English for Zoom, Skype, Teams, Meet
Platforms like Zoom, Skype of Google Meet are used more now than ever before. Some of our students have brought up some of the challenges that come with speaking in English while using these platforms. What do we say when the audio isn’t working? Or when the other person’s screen freezes? Or when we accidentally interrupt ourselves? Ethan, Andrea and Ollie share some strategies, tips, and vocabulary to use in video conferences, no matter if it’s a business meeting, a team meeting, meeting with your friends or even having an interview.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Words You’ll Learn:
- Hot stuff
- Hearing (legal term)
- Crack up
- Crack a whip
- Small talk
- Solicit a status report
- (do something) right off the bat
- Wrestle: to fight with someone (especially as a sport) by holding them and trying to throw them to the ground.
- “…use something flirtatiously”: in a way that suggests you are sexually attracted to someone, especially not in a serious way.
- To be hooked (on something): addicted.
- Keep one’s cool: remain calm.
- Best practice: Best practices are a set of guidelines, ethics or ideas that represent the most efficient or prudent course of action, in a given business situation.
- “…once you get to the bulk of the talk”: tha main or most important part.
- Speak up: express one’s opinions frankly and openly.
- Fumble: Express oneself or deal with something clumsily or nervously.
- Fan: a machine with turning blades that is used to cool the air in a room by moving it around.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
Hallo there! I always listen to your podcast on Spotify, and I love it:)
I’ve popped over here to look for the link to the lawyer’s video, but I actually cannot find It. Can you help me? Thanks and keep up the good work!
Hey Miriam! Thank you for your comment. The video has been added now 🙂
Thank you for your useful and connecting podcasts that make me always learn new vocabulary for daily life and face real situations being able to become creative and proactive in an encouraging way to improve my English. I am very grateful for your job opening different ways to exchange experiences, challenges and helping others to be connected all around the world without borders
Hello Amaya! We’re so happy to help! Thank you for listening!
Hey Ethan could you send me the link of your podcast app? I didn’t find that…as soon as possible 🥺🥺🥺🥺
Hey Moumita! Can you write to us at [email protected]? We will help you!
Hi Ethan, Andrea, Justin and the new teacher from Australia (sorry I’m not sure how to spell your name), I’m William from Taiwan. Thank you guys for your awesome podcast. Reallife English podcast is my first and the only podcast channel that I’ve ever listened to. You guys not only help me improve my listening comprehension, but also help me set up several goals that I’m yearned to achieve. Furthermore, you guys make me become an avid reader just like Ethan. Hope you guys keep making more wonderful podcast episodes and sharing more great books!
Hi guys. This podcast was really useful for me, thank you so much. Is there any possibility to get kind of PDF transcription?
We don’t have transcripts for our podcast yet. But stay tuned! We’re working on something special for our listeners!