In this podcast, Ethan and Andrea talk all about their favorite songs from 2020 that can help you to learn English in 2021. Not only do they talk about their favorite songs, but they talk about some favorite vocabulary and phrases from them and they break them down for you.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Words You’ll Learn:
- Soak (a soak in the bath, soaking wet)
- A bath
- Go for a swim
- Kill two bords with one stone
- Tune (an instrument)
- Chords and keys
- Go with the flow
- Honeymoon phase
- Sow seeds
- You reap what you sow
- To be out of reach
- To be in over your head
- Do a full 180
- An up and comer
- A break-though artist
- Flicker in the light
- From the corner of my eye
- Sublime: of very great excellence or beauty.
- Sing along: If you sing along with a piece of music, you sing it while you are listening to someone else perform it.
- Look (words) up: to try to find a particular piece of information by looking in a book or on a list, or by using a computer.
- “There’s a common objection to learning with music”: a statement that shows that you disagree with a plan, or a reason for your disagreement.
- “it kind of has an 80s vibe to it”: a general feeling that you get from a person or place.
- Adore: to like something very much.
- Fall (deeply) for someone: to fall in love with someone.
- Bewitched / someone has put a spell on you: to control someone’s behavior with magic
- Try one’s hand (at something): To attempt to do something new; to try something for the first time.
- Stand up for (what you believe): speak or act in support of someone or something.
- Mother-to-be: a woman who is expecting a baby.
- A die-hard fan: a loyal fan.
Learn English with TV lessons mentioned
- Learn English With Sia | Elastic Heart, Courage to Change and more!
- How To Speak English Like Harry Styles
- Learn English with Justin Bieber | “Yummy”
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!