- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save – see right image)
Words to Know
- Young grasshopper – A common thing for a Martial Arts master to call a student.
- Period – Menstrual cycle
- Cramps – Painful contractions of muscles
- Hypnosis – a state of consciousness where you are very open to suggestions
- Blood – the red liquid in your body that comes out when you are cut
- Cologne – scented water to make men smell good (perfume is for women)
- On top of the world – To feel absolutely amazing (this was an expression in Episode #13)
- Warm and fuzzy – happy and comforted
- Liquor – alcohol that is very strong: rum, whiskey, vodka, tequila, etc.
- The more the merrier – the more people, the more fun it is
- Handsome – good looking (used for men)
- Inside joke – a joke that only people within a selected group would understand because it refers to a previous humorous situation
- Intervals – a space between two things, a gap
- Cleared it up – removed any confusion
- Relevant – closely connected or appropriate
- Make up – cosmetics that are generally used by women to make them “more attractive”
- Lips – what you kiss with
- Opposed – contrasting or conflicting with each other
- Gazelle – a small, four legged animal with horns
- Mankind – human beings considered collectively; the human race
- Saying – a short expression, generally containing wisdom
- Jamming – to play/improvise with other musicians
- Chunk – a thick, solid piece of something
- Strap – a piece of flexible material used to carry or hold on to something
- Swing dance – (watch a swing dance flash mob)
- Bullshit – nonsense
- Turn off – switch off
- Foul mouths – people who swear/curse
- Hatchet – a small ax
- Ax – a tool typically used for chopping wood
- The RLE Party is confirmed for July 8th at Devassa in Savassi, Belo Horizonte, Brazil. The party starts at 5pm.
- The podcast will now be released by 12 noon on Tuesdays.
- The Real Life English Podcast was downloaded 2,000 in one day.
- We now have 30,000 followers on Twitter. Aww yeah!
- Little House, Argentina
- Rodrigo Pena, Brazil
- The feng Friends of Guangdong, China – iTunes review
- What is the difference between “avenue,” “street,” “boulevard,” and “road”?
- Jump to conclusions
- By leaps and bounds
- Spread yourself to thin
- Swing by
- Breaking my balls
- Immerse yourself in English by changing the language of your phone, computer, Facebook, Twitter, email, software, and everything you can into English.
- Put down – to place on a surface, (I can’t put it down – when a book is so good you can’t stop reading)
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
I crave you like a breath underwater
I’m someone’s son and you’ll be somebody’s daughter
And we’re both somebody, intertwined together we can be hotter
- Crave – a powerful desire desire
- Intertwined – twisted together; connected or linked closely.