In this free audio lesson we will be talking about how podcasts can transform your English and your life. You will have a lot of fun listening to Ethan, Justin and Andrea talk about this interesting subject and improve your English vocabulary with great new words!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- 7 Ways Podcasts Transform Your English and Your Life.
Words You’ll Learn:
- To be a lazy ass: somebody who is very lazy and never does anything productive.
- To be a dumbass: somebody who is not intelligent or is acting like an idiot.
- Putting in your reps: to do different exercises in order to get better at something.
- Topic: a subject that is discussed, written about or studied.
- Pick up vocabulary: to learn new pieces of vocabulary.
- Preaching to the choir: to speak as if to convince a person or group of something they already believe.
- Convenient: something that fits in well with a person’s needs or plans.
- Chores: a routine task.
- Multitask: to deal with more than one task at the same time.
- To kill two birds with one stone: to achieve to aims at once.
- Look forward to something: to be excited about something that is going to happen.
- Road rage: when you are driving and you get very angry.
- To beep (UK) / To honk (USA) the horn: to make a short, loud sound with a vehicle.
- Take it out on someone: when you express your frustration on one person.
- Badass: used to describe something or someone that is awesome, with a slightly heroic and admirable connotation.
- Terrible ass: even more than badass.
- Foundation: the basis on which something is grounded.
- To get the gist of something: To understand the central, essential, or general matter of something.
- To log hours doing (something): to write down how many hours you’ve done something for.
- To mumble: to say something indistinctly and quietly, making it difficult for others to hear.
- Connect the dots: to associate one idea with another, to find the “big picture.”
- Pay off: if something you have done pays off, it is successful.
- Fruit of your labor: the benefits of your hard work.
- A tipping point: the point at which a series of small changes or incidents becomes significant enough to cause a larger, more important change.
- To turn (someone) on to (something): to cause someone to be interested in something.
- Potential: to show the capacity to develop into something in the future.
- Cult: a group of people defined by a religious devotion to something.
- Synergy: a concept that states that the combined power of a group of things when they work together is be greater than the sum of the separate individual parts.
- Free Power Lesson
- Learn English with TV Series
- 34 Ways to Use the Word ASS: Idioms, Slang and Collocation
- Tim Ferriss Podcast
- The School of Greatness Podcast
- Making Sense Podcast
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!