Do you think that your introversion is a barrier for you when it comes to practicing your English? In this podcast Ethan and Andrea talk about this topic and share great ways to don’t let your fears stop you!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- Are you shy or introverted?
- Is it better to be extroverted?
- Your strengths as an introvert
- Use the protective barrier of a screen (to start)
- One-on-One conversations vs. Groups
- Become an exceptional listener
- We have another exclusive tip for you over on Instagram @RealLife.English
Words You’ll Learn:
- Sneak in: to enter somewhere secretly, without being seen.
- Stuffy/clammy/muggy: humid, suffocating weather.
- Frizzy hair: very curly and not smooth or shiny.
- Poofs up (hair): hair with great volume.
- Braid: a hairdo formed by twisting the hair.
- Thanks a jillion: another way of saying thank you very much.
- Gibberish: spoken or written words that have no meaning.
- Courageous: brave.
- Muster up the courage: gather the courage.
- Convictions: your really strong beliefs.
- Speak up: to express one’s opinions.
- Stage fright: nervousness or anxiety felt at appearing before an audience.
- Paralyzing: when someone is unable to think or act normally, especially through panic or fear.
- Daunting: overwhelming.
- Curl up: to lie in a comfortable curved position.
- Small talk: a conversation about things that are not important, often between people who do not know each other well.
- Endeavour: an attempt to achieve a goal.
- A handful of something: a small amount of something.
- To take baby steps:a very small step or advance in progress.
- A barrier to entry: something that prevents you from doing something.
- To scale something back: to reduce something in size or amount.
- Public spotlight:to get a great deal of public attention.
- Buckle under fear: to collapse or give in due to fear or anxiety.
- Disastrous: extremely bad or unsuccessful.
- Overdo it: to do something in an excessive way.
- To make an ass of yourself: to behave stupidly and look silly.
- Ass [AmE] /Arse [BrE]: the part of the body that you sit on.
- Bond: a close connection between two or more people.
- To zone out: to stop paying attention for a short period of time.
- Dip in: to do something in a careful way because you are not confident about it.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!