In today’s podcast lesson, Ethan and Andrea teach you 12 English idioms and expressions with nationalities or countries. Let us know in the comments if any of these exist in your country!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- 12 Idioms and Expressions with Countries and Nationalities.
Words you’ll learn:
- Killer: an extremely difficult thing.
- Top of one’s head: to say something without thinking it much before you speak.
- Wicked: excellent.
- Bump into someone: to meet someone unexpectedly.
- Chivalry: a very polite and kind behavior, especially from men towards women.
- Equality: a situation in which everyone is treated fairly and with the same rights and opportunities.
- Endearing: someone that inspires affection.
- To be a lightweight: someone that can’t drink much alcohol.
- To move across the pond: to move to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Controversy: something that causes a heated discussion amongst people.
- Contradictory: A contradictory statement is one that says two things that cannot both be true.
- Homeland: someone’s native land.
- For ages: for a very long time
- Stand off: like in Western movies, a stand off is an armed dispute between two opponents.
Links and Resources
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!