Ho, ho, ho! Christmas is right around the corner, and it’s only fitting that Ethan and Andrea talk about everybody’s (or most people’s, right?) favorite holiday of the year. Curious to know if your name is on Santa’s nice list? Or is it on his naughty list? Ethan and Andrea explain what this whole “naughty or nice” thing is as well as many other words and expressions that we use around Christmastime.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Watch us on YouTube
- Is Christmas a religious holiday or a cultural holiday?
- Merry or Happy Christmas?
- History of Santa Clause (Why did he use to dress in green?)
- Expressions having to do with Christmas (used in other contexts as well)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Its been ages
- Spread Christmas cheer
- Merry, jolly, cheer (Christmas words)
- (UK) “to get merry”
- Yule log
- Decked out
- Trim the tree
- Christmas is right around the corner: happening very soon.
- Something’s off (talking about Christmas without snow): we say this when something doesn’t feel right.
- Gorge oneself on: to eat something eagerly and usually to excess
- That rings a bell: to sound vaguely familiar.
- Naughty: badly behaved; disobedient
- Lump of coal: coal is a hard black mineral which is dug out of the ground and burnt to produce heat. We use lump in this case to describe a compact mass of something.
- Behave oneself: conduct oneself in accordance with the accepted norms of a society or group.
- To be tight with money: to be unwilling to spend no more than just a little bit of money.
- Help the needy: lacking the necessities of life; very poor.
- Ethan’s all-time favorite Christmas movie: Elf
- Check out Andrea’s Top 10 Favorite Christmas movies
- Learn Christmas vocabulary with Songs
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!