#214: New Year’s Traditions, Vocabulary and More!
Aww yeah! 2020 is a wrap! In this podcast, Ethan and Andrea talk all about New Year’s Eve and New Year’s day traditions from the US, the UK as well as other from other countries. Andrea even shares her fun experience celebrating New Year’s in Times Square in New York. Don’t miss out on this fantastic podcast to end the year and start 2021 with a bang!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Watch us on YouTube
- New year’s in different cultures and traditions
Words You’ll Learn:
- To nurse a hangover
- Simply marvelous
- Out with the old, in with the new
- Fresh start
- If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.
- Ring in the new year
- To be synonym with something
- Something springs to mind
- Soak up the atmosphere
- To round up the year
- Turn over a new leaf
- “Thank you for that dynamite comment” = amazing, great.
- Curfew: a rule that everyone must stay at home between particular times, usually at night, especially during a war or a period of political trouble
- “We’ll have a mellow New Year’s”: smooth and soft, or not too sharp, bright, new, or rough.
- Have a big night out: an evening when you go out to a cinema, theater, party etc.
- Low-key: not elaborate, showy, or intensive; modest or restrained.
- Fireworks display: a public event at which fireworks are set alight.
- “People aren’t going to be out and about quite as much this year“: active; doing the things you usually do.
- Do something ahead of time: do something before it’s necessary, in advance.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!
Hi like Ur new year podcast it’s is a mazing conversation thanks