Mark Hancock is an English Language Teacher, Teacher Trainer, and Materials Writer. He has more than 30 years of experience teaching English and presenting at conferences all around the world. Mark believes that teaching and learning a language can and should be an enjoyable experience. He’s a specialist in English pronunciation and has published an award-winning series of books to help teachers make pronunciation a fun and memorable part of the classroom.
What a fascinating interview! You’re going to learn a lot about pronunciation (how to improve your own, how to teach it effectively to others). What language, art, and music have in common. Why native doesn’t necessarily mean good teacher. How teachers can overcome accent anxiety and imposter syndrome. What a correct accent is in a globalized world. When English learners should start focusing on pronunciation. Whether you need to learn and use connected speech and how we can learn and teach it. Much more. Jump right in episode 24
Words You’ll Learn in the App
- Vicious circle
- Woolly image
- Flag up
- And many more in the app.
- Definitions to All Vocab Items
- Full Digital Transcripts
- Speak with People from All Around the World
- It’s 100% Free
- Mark Hancock – Linkedin | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- HancockMcDonald ELT Website
- PronPack – Pronunciation made practical
- Article: Boys’ and girls’ attitudes towards French and German
- Talk Summary : I’m an English teacher: Should I worry about my accent?
- Mark’s Demo Lesson: Using Mazes, Maps, Rhymes & Raps
- Video: Italian man who went to Malta [Original]
- Jennifer Jenkins (linguist)
- The Michel Thomas Method – The Natural Way to Learn a New Language
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!