Beyond Borders (Special 4): How Perfectionism Is Preventing You From Achieving YOUR Best English
“My weakness? Well, I’d say I’m a bit of a perfectionist.” How many times have you heard someone saying that or have even said that yourself? It’s quite common to repeat this over and over as an excuse to not take the next step towards a goal or a dream that you have.
Now, you may be thinking “But Ethan, I am proud of myself for being a perfectionist because it means that I care deeply about the things I do.” I understand why you might believe that calling yourself a perfectionist makes you feel that you work hard(er) than others to achieve the things you want to do. And there is some truth in that. However, our admiration for perfection is so universal that we never really stop to question what this concept is doing to you and your language learning journey.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
Words You’ll Learn in the App
- Vicious cycle
- Let go of something
- And many more in the app.
Download App for Full Podcast Experience
- Definitions to All Vocab Items
- Full Digital Transcripts
- Speak with People from All Around the World
- It’s 100% Free
- Beyond Borders 12: How Is Learning By Ear the Secret to Success in English Fluency? | Idahosa from the Mimic Method
- Beyond Borders 18: WIN at your Next Job Interview | Tips on How to Tell your Story by Communication Specialist Natasha Broodie
- Beyond Borders #11: 4 Habits That Will Transform Your English (And Your Life), and more! | Justin Murray, RealLife English CEO
- Beyond Borders #10: Relax, Enjoy and Learn: It’s about Connection, not Perfection | Lindsay from AllEars English
- Beyond Borders 14: Can you Master a Language without Traveling to Another Country? | Gavin from SmallAdvantages
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!