In today’s podcast Ethan and Andrea talk about hilarious everyday words in American English that you shouldn’t use if you visit the UK!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- A bum
Words You’ll Learn:
- Wicked (Br. En) / awesome (Am. En.): excellent.
- Massively: very large, extremely.
- To butter (someone) up: to praise or flatter someone excessively.
- To go on too long: when something continues for a very long time.
- To bear fruit: to produce successful results.
- Inherit: to take or receive something by succession or will.
- Get by: to be able to live or deal with a situation with difficulty.
- Dated: old-fashioned.
- Arse (Br. En.) / butt (Am. En.): ass.
- Fanny Pack: a small pouch on a belt, for money and small articles, worn round the waist or hips.
- Pouch: a small flexible bag.
- Bit: a small piece of something.
- To fancy (something): If you fancy something, you want to have it or to do it.
- Piss (someone) off: to annoy someone.
- Slut/whore: prostitute.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!