Improve your English listening skills with this podcast, in which Ethan and Justin talk about lots of great things about the USA you might not know about!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- American Culture
- Regions of the USA
Words You’ll Learn:
- Blow someone away: to impress someone greatly.
- Tricky: something that is difficult to deal with an that needs careful attention.
- Chill out: to relax completely.
- Born and bred: used to refer to where one’s birth and childhood took place.
- Intrinsic: a basic characteristic of a person or thing.
- Acknowledge: to accept or recognize something.
- Demerit: lack of merit.
- Content: a state of happiness.
- Dispel: to get rid of myths about a certain thing.
- To get shit from people: used when people give you a hard time.
- To get your hands dirty: to do manual or hard work.
- Busboy: the person who cleans tables in a restaurant or cafe.
- Grit: courage; strength of character.
- To live in a bubble: to live separated from the rest of the world.
- Outspoken: expressing strong opinions in a very direct way.
- Joint: a bar or restaurant that serves food and drink at low prices. This word also refers to a marihuana cigarette.
- Tex-Mex: referring to the Mexican-American culture, especially its food.
- Study abroad: to study in a foreign country.
- Mascot: a person, animal or object that represents an organization.
- Ass cold: very cold.
- In a nutshell: very briefly, giving only the main points.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!