Something English learners always complain about is not having the words that they need to express themselves like they would in their mother tongue.
That is why in this episode we are taking a deep dive into some advanced techniques for learning, remembering, and using more vocabulary. Having a rich active vocabulary is a key aspect of fluent communication, so I guarantee that the recommendations in this episode will be invaluable to you. Let’s dive in!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Radio Power Lesson course
(40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Dope – really cool (slang)
- Have a schwitz – to go to the sauna
- Cage – a structure of bars used to confine or protect something (like birds or other animals)
- Cage diving – to go under water in a steel cage and watch sharks
- Sauna – a hot room filled with steam, used to help one cleanse by sweating
- Yiddish – a language used by Jews in central and eastern Europe before the holocaust
- Speaking of (something) – idiom used to mention something related to the current topic being discussed
- Vibes – feeling
- Profound – requiring deep emotion or thought
- Candidate – a potential choice for something
- Overkill – excessive use, treatment, or action
- Sprinkle – to scatter small drops or particles of something on a surface; to disperse something randomly throughout something; to rain lightly
- Eloquence – a persuasive, charismatic way of speaking
- Ricochet – to bounce off of something
- Come back to bite you – to have an action that you made have an unexpected, negative consequence
- Clueless – having no knowledge, understanding, or ability
- Silly – foolish, able to laugh at oneself
- Put yourself in someone’s shoes – to try to empathetically understand someone else’s ideas or circumstances
- Episode 152 – Making English a Part of Your Life
- Learn English with TV series
- Spaced Repetition Systems – Memrise (This is a sample lesson from our free 3 Part mini-course– you get 30 words every week with Fluent with Friends), Anki, Quizlet
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!