Do you ever wish that you could speak more like a native? In today’s podcast Ethan and Andrea will teach you 15 advanced English expressions that natives use all the time!
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android | Listen on Spotify
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
- 15 Common English Expressions
Words You’ll Learn:
- Superb: very good, excellent.
- Abruptly: suddenly.
- Path: a line of travel or access.
- To get demotivated: to get less interested or enthusiastic about something.
- A contradiction: a situation or ideas in opposition to one another.
- Paradoxical: something that seems absurd or self-contradictory.
- To be well-behaved: to conduct oneself in an appropriate manner.
- Pick your brain: to talk to someone in order to get helpful information or advice.
- Pick your nose: to remove mucus from your nose with your finger.
- To wrack one’s brains: to make a great effort to think of or remember something.
- Top of mind: something is on everyone’s mind.
- To juggle things: to do several things at the same time.
- To brake the car: to slow down or stop the car by using the brake.
- Rush of adrenaline: a feeling of excitement, stimulation and enhanced physical ability produced in response to a sudden stress situation.
- Shock: a sudden upsetting or surprising event or experience.
- Paralysis: the loss of the ability to move, typically as a result of illness or injury.
- Headlights: a powerful light at the front of a motor vehicle or railway engine.
- A birdie: a small bird.
- To hear something through the grapevine: to hearnews from someone who heard the news from someone else.
- Extensive: something that covers or affects a large area.
- To be a breeze: to be very easy.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!