Today we have a very special podcast where we take a trip down memory lane (remember the past) and talk about expressions that we used to say as kids. These are funny playground expressions, some of which you’ve probably heard in kid shows or in family movies. As you’ll see the vocabulary and the language can be quite interesting, even philosophical, in some of these. Don’t miss out!
Words You’ll Learn in the App
- Liar, liar, pants on fire
- Talk to the hand
- First the worst
- X and Y sitting in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g
- Sticks and stones
- I’m rubber, you’re glue anything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.
- To tell on someone
- A tattletale
- The lurgies/cooties
- I know you are, but what am I?
- Mind your own beeswax
- Finders keepers, losers weepers
- And many more in the app.
- Learn more Vocabulary
- Full Digital Transcripts
- Speak with People from All Around the World
- It’s 100% Free
- Download The RealLife English App
- Sign up to our three-part Power Learning Series
- Katy Perry – Roar
- Story: The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- Instagram: @reallife.english
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!