Words to Know
- Young grasshopper – A common thing for a Martial Arts master to call a student.
- Period – Menstrual cycle
- Cramps – Painful contractions of muscles
- Hypnosis – a state of consciousness where you are very open to suggestions (see photo)
- Blood – the red liquid in your body that comes out when you are cut
- Cologne – scented water to make men smell good (perfume is for women)
- On top of the world – To feel absolutely amazing (this was an expression in Episode #13)
- Warm and fuzzy – happy and comforted
- Liquor – alcohol that is very strong: rum, whiskey, vodka, tequila, etc.
- The more the merrier – the more people, the more fun it is
- Handsome – good looking (used for men)
- Inside joke – a joke that only people within a selected group would understand because it refers to a previous humorous situation
- Intervals – a space between two things, a gap
- Cleared it up – removed any confusion
- Relevant – closely connected or appropriate
- Make up – cosmetics that are generally used by women to make them “more attractive”
- Lips – what you kiss with
- Opposed – contrasting or conflicting with each other
- Gazelle – a small, four legged animal with horns (see photo)
- Mankind – human beings considered collectively; the human race
- Saying – a short expression, generally containing wisdom
- Jamming – to play/improvise with other musicians
- Chunk – a thick, solid piece of something
- Strap – a piece of flexible material used to carry or hold on to something
- Swing dance – (watch a swing dance flash mob)
- Bullshit – nonsense
- Turn off – switch off
- Foul mouths – people who swear/curse
- Hatchet – a small ax
- Ax – a tool typically used for chopping wood (see photo)
- The RLE Party is confirmed for July 8th at Devassa in Savassi, Belo Horizonte, Brazil. The party starts at 5pm.
- The podcast will now be released by 12 noon on Tuesdays.
- The Real Life English Podcast was downloaded 2,000 in one day.
- We now have 30,000 followers on Twitter. Aww yeah!
- Little House, Argentina – “Think, idea, try, do, do again, and again, keep doing, success”
- Rodrigo Pena, Brazil – “Which country would you like to visit? What would you do there?”
- Fahad – @9o_fahad
- The feng Friends of Guangdong, China – iTunes review
- What is the difference between “avenue,” “street,” “boulevard,” and “road”?
- Jump to conclusions
- By leaps and bounds
- Spread yourself to thin
- Swing by
- Breaking my balls
- Immerse yourself in English by changing the language of your phone, computer, Facebook, Twitter, email, software, and everything you can into English.
- Put down – to place on a surface, (I can’t put it down – when a book is so good you can’t stop reading)
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, please help other people find our podcast by visiting our iTunes page and giving us a positive review. The more 5 star reviews we get the higher we rank in iTunes and the easier it is for other people to find us.
Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with our 4,500+ teachers and learners from over 50 countries.
If you know some ways we can make the podcast better, please send us an email: trevor @ reallifebh . com
I crave you like a breath underwater
I’m someone’s son and you’ll be somebody’s daughter
And we’re both somebody, intertwined together we can be hotter
- Crave – a powerful desire desire
- Intertwined – twisted together; connected or linked closely.