DO GREAT WORK, BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD
Searching for a passionate, capable English Teacher to play a key role in inspiring, empowering, and connecting the world to English via the creation of innovative lessons and learning materials, to be used by millions on our world-class youtube channels, our podcast, and our new app
RealLife is an international social education startup that guides learners beyond the classroom to live and learn and speak English in the Real world
Must be globally-minded, capable of working 100% remotely, and have advanced English fluency.
You will learn many new skills, but your primary role will be focused on:
2. Curating content into digital learning materials (Flashcards, and other exercises), to be released on the RealLife English app (to be launched in mid May). These lessons will teach material from our The RealLife English Podcast.
3. You will learn a ton, AND have an important voice, on an all-star team of passionate language educators and entertainers who are determined to innovate the way English is taught on a global scale.
Note: You will not be teaching/ presenting classes, but rather creating and curating materials for learners.
You will be the 17th member of a fast-growing, mission-driven startup, and will have the opportunity to help grow (and grow with) the company by making a real impact.
We already have a strong and well-established brand, popular courses, and an audience of millions, including "Learn English with TV Series," one of the fastest growing English learning Youtube channels in the world (nearly 4 million subscribers)
- Advanced English writing, grammar, and spelling skills
- At least upper-intermediate speaking and listening skills
- Digital competence: work well and effectively with digital tools
- English teaching experience
- Strong experience using a variety of language learning tools (digital flashcards, apps, online courses, etc)
- Startup experience, design or development experience
About You (and the Role)
- You are passionate to teach and learn and make a real difference in the world
- You successfully work in a distributed (remote) arrangement, collaborating with the team in daily meetings.
- You are excited to be immersed in an English speaking company, culture, and product experience, receiving ample support and guidance for your English fluency (American founders with an English speaking team in Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Poland, and the Ukraine).
- You are excited and curious to work at a startup, and to learn about how to build innovative products.
Other Key Requirements
- Commitment starting at 20-25 hours a week, with availability to grow to full-time in the following months
- Adequate work space and work environment or home situation, fast internet connection, and the ability to produce autonomously, without micromanagement.
- High Integrity: You’re ethical, transparent, do what you say you will do
- Proactive: You own your work, act without being told what to do, bring new ideas, and pride yourself in going above and beyond what is expected
- Communicative: Prompt and clear communication, able to take and give honest feedback with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- You strive to be the best version of yourself: You cultivate optimal habits in your personal and professional life to show up at your best every day and consistently improve
- Voracious Learner: Extremely curious and passionate about stretching the mind and acquiring new knowledge and skills
- Work from home
- Starting Salary: 5.00 USD/ hour
- You will join our team as a Contracted Worker (paid directly via bank transfer)
- When you become full-time (40+ hrs/ week) you will get 22 days vacation
- English Speaking Team Immersion with Full Support in Your Learning from our Global Team Beyond Borders (15 people from 7 countries)
- In addition to learning about teaching, and self-development, you will learn a lot about digital marketing, branding, and sales
- Immersive week-long company retreats in exotic locations (semi-annual)
- A truly exceptional team and company culture (learn more about who we are) who is passionate and dedicated to our purpose of creating a world beyond borders
Application Form Also at the Bottom of this Page
The App We're Creating
To bring our vision of "a world beyond borders" to life, we’re building The RealLife English App. Your role will be to create interactive learning materials around our podcast, which is the source materials for the "lesson section" of the app. The app also connects English learners with other English learners, from around the world, for speaking practice and cultural exchange via short, randomized video chats. Check out the demo video below:
The previous, web version of ours, as shown in this video (no longer public), acquired more than 20,000 users in just 6 months.
Apply Below (if application form doesn't appear, apply here. Having trouble? Send us message in the chat box on the bottom right)