DO GREAT WORK, BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD
Searching for a Capable, Experienced MOBILE Developer to play a key role in the development of a Flutter English learning App (soon to be launched to an audience of millions)
RealLife is an international social education startup that is connects learners, from all around the planet, make learning English a life-changing global adventure.
Must be globally-minded, capable of working 100% remotely, have at least an intermediate English level.
You will join our 100% distributed (remote) English speaking team as the second developer, and the 13th member of a fast-growing, mission-driven organization, and will have the opportunity to help grow (and grow with) the company by making a real impact.
Our innovative new app will, amongst other things, connect English learners with other English learners, from around the world, to practice their English (video chat) while discovering new friends from different cultures, without needing a teacher.
The company, RealLife English, already has a strong presence in English learning space, with a well-established brand, popular courses, and an audience of millions, including "Learn English with TV Series," one of the biggest English learning Youtube channels in the world.
Primary Skills (Must-Have)
- Strong Mobile Development expertise is essential (preferably Flutter and/ or Native)
Secondary Skills (Nice-to-Have)
- Front end framework experience is a big plus (VueJS, React, or other)
- Graph QL and GoLang experience is a big plus
Our TechWe're using some of the newest, most exciting technologies, from Microservices, WebRTC, GraphQL, to Websockets, in addition to:
- Front end: Flutter
- Back end: NodeJS, Go, .NET Core (moving to Go), PostgreSQL (cockroachdb)
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, Buildkite
About You (and the Role)
- You are passionate about your craft and motivated to solve complex and challenging problems that make a real difference in the world
- You have at least an intermediate English speaking level, and clear and concise written communication
- You fervently learn and adapt to our core technology, systems, team, culture, and users
- You successfully work in a distributed (remote) arrangement, collaborating with the Product Team in daily meetings
- You will be immersed in an English speaking company, culture, and product experience, receiving ample support and guidance for your English fluency (American founders with an English speaking team in Brazil, Spain, and Argentina).
- You will set but realistic goals and hustle to execute them, planning and executing on the product roadmap with Agile/ Scrum methodology, and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
Other Key Requirements
- 100% Commitment: Full-time, around 40 hours per week
- Monday- Friday, 9:00-18:30 (occasional Saturday morning)
- Adequate work space and work environment/ home situation, Fast Internet Connection, and the ability to produce autonomously, without micromanagement.
- Nice-to-haves (helpful, but not absolutely necessary):
- Experience working remotely
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Other Core Tech Skills and Certificates
- High Integrity: You’re ethical, transparent, do what you say you will do
- Proactive: You own your work, act without being told what to do, bring new ideas, and pride yourself in going above and beyond what is expected
- Communicative: Prompt and clear communication, able to take and give honest feedback with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- You strive to be the best version of yourself: You cultivate optimal habits in your personal and professional life to show up at your best every day and consistently improve
- Voracious Learner: Extremely curious and passionate about stretching the mind and acquiring new knowledge and skills
- Work from Home
- Competitive Compensation
- You will be a Contracted Worker (paid directly, not registered)
- English Speaking Team Immersion with Full Support in Your Learning
- 21 Days Paid Time Off (Holidays and Vacation)
- Immersive week-long company retreats in exotic locations (semi-annual)
- A truly exceptional team and company culture (learn more about who we are)
The App We're Creating
To bring our vision of "a world beyond borders" to life, we’re building The RealLife English App, a social English learning experience, built on Flutter, which connects English learners with other English learners, from around the world, for speaking practice and cultural exchange via short, randomized video chats.