Do Great Work, Be the Change That You Wish to See in the World
Searching for a capable HR Specialist to help us create high-quality, innovative videos that amplify our explosive growth on YouTube.
RealLife is an international social education startup dedicated to helping people make learning English a life-changing global adventure.
We are looking for the right Video Producer to join our team and help us execute our company vision: To Create a World Beyond Borders
You will join our video production team as a full-time video producer, with future opportunities to expand your role into other areas. Our YouTube Channels, Learn English with TV Series and RealLife English, help learners to go beyond the classroom and live their English. Our fun and popular lessons center around an innovative teaching methodology featuring TV series, movies, interviews, and other native media, as well as fluency coaching.
As part of an inbound marketing strategy, these videos are essential in driving sales of our premium courses. In the last year and a half, we have blown up from 1 Million subscribers to over 4 Million.
Your job will be to help us to continue this explosive growth and provide immense value to English learners around the world.
- Demonstrable experience editing videos that are structured and beautiful
- Competent Skills with Premiere and other Adobe products
- Strong organization, time-management, and planning skills: Ability to budget your time and organize your life and work into repeatable systems that maximize efficiency and results
- A good eye for design
- A voracity for learning and personal growth
- Experience working and collaborating with a team
- Full-Time Availability (Average 40 hour per week), and Fast Internet Connection.
- English Competency:
- Writing: upper intermediate and above
- Speaking: intermediate and above
- A love for learning English!
- Understand and adapt to our video creation process and consistently produce one video per week
- Increase overall video engagement through improvements in viewer experience to help us increase subscribes and opt-ins
- Understand our audience’s needs and bring viral content ideas
- Help in other areas of the company where your expertise is needed
"Nice to Have" Experience — Helpful but not absolutely necessary
- Adobe After Effects
- Capacity for high-quality writing and conciseness
- Previous YouTube experience: Creating videos and/or growing a channel
- Experience understanding data and implementing learnings
- Experience in marketing, design, entrepreneurship and/or other areas
- High Integrity: You’re ethical, transparent, do what you say you will do
- Proactive: You own your work, act without being told what to do, bring new ideas, and pride yourself in going above and beyond what is expected
- Communicative: Prompt and clear communication, able to take and give honest feedback with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- You strive to be the best version of yourself: You cultivate optimal habits in your personal and professional life to show up at your best every day and consistently improve
- Independent: You are able to organize yourself and your time to meet deadlines without being micro-managed
- Voracious Learner: Extremely curious and passionate about stretching the mind and acquiring new knowledge and skills
- $900 USD / Month
- Remote Work/ Home Office and Flexible Schedule
- English Speaking Team Immersion with Full Support in Your Learning
- Paid Vacation, All-Expenses Paid Team Retreat (approximately every 18 months)
About RealLife English
RealLife makes learning English a life-changing global adventure by creating experiences that inspire, connect, and empower learners to step outside the classroom and not just learn English, but LIVE it.
Our plan is to help tens of millions of learners like you use English in the real world to realize their full potential as globally conscious human beings, awake to the realization that no matter what divides us, what unites us is far greater.
Our Vision: to Create a World Beyond Borders
The launch pad for this vision is our multi-platform content: Blog, Youtube, and podcast audience, which attract over 1 million visitors per month and our global community of students and customers, who are the heart and soul of our business.
And finally, our rocket ship, the Twin Pillars of our Product Line:
Our YouTube Channel Learn English with TV Series, which helps learners go beyond the classroom and live their English. With hundreds of videos and over 4 Million subscribers, this is where we are currently making the biggest impact.
YouTube helps us to market our Native Fluency Courses, which teach students to understand and use native English in their daily lives, by making it fun, natural, and convenient. “Fluent with Friends” uses the Friends TV series as the source material, while the “Native Immersion” course offers podcasts and other materials taught by us, following our unique, imaginative methodology.
I’d invite you to check out one of our most popular videos, and you can find our channel here.
And this is all in service of our recently launched, RealLife Speaking App, which is a Real World English Learning Platform that we launched 3 months ago. which has two main purposes:
1. Connect learners from around the world for speaking practice and cultural exchange via short, randomized video chats.
2. Guide them beyond the classroom to understand fast-speaking natives with podcast episodes, transcripts, and other learning materials.
Check out this demo of one of our teachers having conversations with our app users!
Who We Are
We are a team of globally minded teachers, entrepreneurs, and visionaries, spread across the world, but united by a singular vision and a common set of values.
We are world travelers and language learners, meditators, runners, cyclists, and life-long learners who are constantly striving to reinvent ourselves and make life and work an adventure.
We value diversity, so you don’t need to be a copy of us, but if you are curious, with a growth mindset, and would like to work in an environment that cultivates your best self, then you will feel right at home working with us.
Pictures from our 2020 retreat in Rio de Janeiro
How to Apply
Make sure you read this entire job posting (above), then click on the "Apply Now" button below and answer the questions as best as you can. We will also ask you for your CV/ resumé.
If you have any questions, please write us an e-mail at [email protected] and if you know anybody who would be good for this position, please share it with them.