Do Your Best Work — Be the Change You Wish to See in the World
Searching for a Capable, Experienced UX/UI Designer to help us WOW! millions with our recently-launched 4.8 star Mobile App.
RealLife is an international social education startup dedicated to helping English learners make learning an epic, global adventure.
You will be the 18th member of an international, mission-driven, 100% remote startup, helping grow (and growing with) the company at the heart of our English speaking product team, owning the UX/ UI Design role, working closely with our PM, two developers, and the CEO.
The RealLife App was launched in May '21, and has since grown to more than 70,000 Monthly Active Users (with 15 min avg daily engagement). Apart from the app, RealLife has all the key ingredients to scale to millions, including:
- A global audience of nearly 6 million subs, 200 million views with our Youtube channel, Learn English w/ TV Series (is third fastest-growing English learning channel in the world.)
- Product and customer-centric team and culture guided by lean and agile principles.
What We're Looking For
- Strong holistic and human-centric design vision and skills for the entire product design process
- Demonstrated Experience in research, prototyping, and product discovery activities.
- Demonstrated Experience designing attractive and exceptionally usable digital interfaces.
- You have at least an intermediate English level (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- Passion for solving complex and challenging problems that make a real difference in the world.
- Competent use of at least 1 design and Prototyping Tool (Photoshop, Figma, etc).
- You're a missionary, not a mercenary. You're willing to go above and beyond to make things happen.
More Desirable Qualities (Nice to Have)
- Professional experience with mobile apps
- Graduated in any design or technology-related related field, also Entrepreneurial Experience
- Experience with startups/ innovative digital products
- Agile and/ or Scrum experience
You will optimize and evolve the UX and UI of our app, helping us evolve and discover a solution that is valuable, usable, and technologically feasible, and economically valuable.
What You'll Learn
- You will be at the heart of product and product vision, and be guided and learn from our Product Manager, who also has a strong UX Designer background and will serve a strong partner in product discovery.
- You will learn exciting new and upcoming technologies that we’re constantly integrating (in use now, and future directions). Our app uses cutting edge technology, including: Flutter, Go, WebRTC, Microservices.
- You will be immersed in an English speaking company, culture, and product experience, receiving ample support and guidance for your fluency (Founded in Brazil by American English teachers, we're distributed across South America and Europe)
- We practice Scrum, and OKRs (Objectives & Key Results): a goal-setting and tracking framework used by Google, Amazon, Spotify, and many more (more on OKRs)
About the App
The RealLife app helps learners not only become confident, natural English speakers, but also Global Citizens. To this purpose, we've started with 2 core features that our users are loving:
- The Global Speak, which connects English learners with other English learners, from around the world, to practice their English (video chat) while discovering new friends across cultures, without needing a teacher.
- Podcast lessons, built into the app, from the world-famous RealLife English Podcast (540k downloads per month), complete with digital transcripts, flashcards (soon to be released) and other learning tools in development.
- Digital Flashcards, which utilize spaced repetition technology, to help our learners memorize the most challenging vocabulary items.
A Few of the 11,000 Reviews (Click here to see many more)
More About You
- You successfully work in a distributed (remote) arrangement, collaborating with the Product Team in daily meetings.
- You will need to be able to produce autonomously, without micromanagement, researching and solving challenges.
- Ability to work full-time, around (but not limited to) 40 hours per week, on a primarily Monday - Friday Schedule.
- High Integrity: You’re ethical, transparent, do what you say you will do.
- Proactive: You own your work, act without being told what to do, bring new ideas, and pride yourself in going above and beyond what is expected.
- Communicative: Prompt and clear communication, able to take and give honest feedback with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- You're Creative AND Organized: You're curious, you're always having new ideas, but you're able to structure and organize them into a scalable and logical processes.
- You strive to be the best version of yourself: You cultivate optimal habits in your personal and professional life to show up at your best every day and consistently strive to realize your potential.
- Voracious Learner: Extremely curious and passionate about stretching the mind and acquiring new knowledge and skills.
- 100% Remote (We do organize online social events).
- Schedule Flexibility and Work-life synergy (Parent Friendly).
- Competitive Compensation (You will be a P.J./ Contracted Worker).
- English Speaking Team Immersion with Full Support in Your Learning.
- Paid Time Off (Holidays and Vacation): 22 Business Days (4 weeks + 2 days of paid time off)
- Periodic Immersive company retreat in exotic locations (The most recent one was in Florianópolis, Brazil).
- Career Growth Plan, including performance-based stock options (the value of your shares will grow as the company succeeds).
- A truly exceptional team and company culture (most people who work with us report this as the #1 thing they love about working with RealLife. Learn more about who we are)
Video walkthrough of the app guided by our UX Designer, Leandro
© Copyright 2022 by RealLife Ltd