In this episode you are going to get some first hand English learning tips with our good friend, and podcast listener, Geanderson Esteves. Get some great advice from this model English learner who has really connected his life to his learning.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on the MP3 Player Above & Click “Save”
How to maximize your learning with this podcast:
- Revise the show notes below to check all the new words, and podcast content.
- Download or listen online to the episode.
- Ask any questions in the comments below.
Words You Should Know:
- a speedo – small swimwear worn by men (based on name of brand)
- caipirinha – traditional Brazilian drink made with cachaca and lemon
- catuaba – Brazilian sweet drink similar to wine but of poor quality
- pluck – the verb used to pull out hairs, or feathers of a chicken from the root
- tweezers – equipment used to pluck eyebrow hairs
- under graduate degree – also called first degree, bachelor’s degree or simply degree
- cutting edge – the newest and best stuff
- gamification – adding elements of a game to something
- MMO – massive multiplayer online game
- a hack – a shortcut, a simpler way to achieve something
- scholarship – when a university pays for you to study there because you have special skills
- internship – working for a company to get practical experience when studying
- gravitate toward – to get pulled to one thing unintentionally
- output – the amount of information that’s going out (speaking)
- input – the information coming in (absorbing new information)
- roommate – a person you share a house with
- implement – to start applying to what you are doing
- tie that down to – to attach it to something, make a fundamental connection
- soulmate – someone you are destined to be with
- Geanderson Esteves – Belo Horizonte Brazil: “RealLife English is one of the best podcasts around for english learners. The topics discussed are mostly interesting and very valuable for us. I had an opportunity to meet Justin in Belo Horizonte, and this guy rules. Aww yeah, keep up the good work guys!”
Kick Ass Quote:
“There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Geandersons takes us all through his process and experience with learning English, and how he has made it part of his everyday life. From playing video games, to studying abroad, get some great insight from this successful learners personal experience.
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
- If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email:[email protected]
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!