Attention all movie buffs!
Are you looking for a cool way to meet with new people, make new friends, or even take someone out on a date? Well, movies are a great way to create an instant connection and give you something to talk about.
Learn some cool ways to ask people about movies, and discover more about that person through movie conversation.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Radio Power Lesson course
(40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Words You’ll Learn:
- Dazzling – very impressive and beautiful
- Red carpet – carpet used for celebrities to walk on for special situations
- It’s been ages – it has been a long time
- Prospector (accent) – a discoverer of the southern part of the USA
- Lack of something – to not have enough of something
- Paint the town red – to have a fun and exciting night
- Rewatch – to watch again
- Typecast – when an actor is always thought of as playing the same character
- A braid / braided hair – a length of hair made up of three or more interlaced strands
- Cinephile – someone who loves movies
- That blows – that is a negative situation
- Ratings – a way of judging how good something is by scoring it in some way
- Buff – a person who knows a lot about that subject
- Critic – a persons with professional judgement to rate something
- Rom-com – a romantic comedy (genre of movie)
- Chick flick – a movie enjoyed a lot by women (genre of movie)
- Movie ratings – a system used to describe the suitability of the movie for its audience
- Keep you on the edge of your seat – to describe a movie as being very intense and exciting
- Scoot forward – move forward
- Gripping – very exciting
- Nail biter – a way to describe a movie as being very suspenseful
- overlap – when two ideas have a commonality
- Mind fuck – adjective used to describe an unbelievable or confusing situation
- A twist – when a movie has an unexpected ending
- Spoiler – to tell someone the end of the movie before that watch it
- Spoiler alert – expression to say you are about to say a spoiler
- A remake – to make a movie again
- Snoozer – something that makes you fall asleep
- All time favorite – your favorite
- Unwind – to relax by doing things you enjoy
- Tear jerker – a movie which provokes crying
Questions used with movies
- Did you see the trailer for … ?
- Did it get good ratings?
- Let’s go catch a movie?
- What are you in the mood for?
- What’s your all time favorite movie?
- Do you have any preference of genre?
- What was the last movie your saw?
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email:[email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!