Do you ever find it difficult to describe how you are feeling in English? Do you get tired of answering, “Good,” when someone asks you, “How are you?”
Make Your English More Exciting
Today we have eight awesome idioms to spice up (enrich) your English! You can really surprise native speakers by mastering and using these expressions to describe how you are REALLY feeling.
These idioms all have to do with happiness. When you are feeling great don’t just say, “I’m great,” say it in a way that truly shows how good you feel!
So does learning English make you as happy as a clam? Then let’s learn some new, real life Expressions!
Use These Expressions in Real Life
Let’s take our learning to the next level with some examples:
1. -“Hey Rodrigo, how did you like your trip to New York?”
-“I had a whale of a time shopping on 5th Avenue!”
2. I though I was going to fail my English test, but I got an A! I’m on cloud 9 today.
3. I’m tickled pink that you remembered that today is my birthday!
4. Cameron just got a scholarship to study English for six months in London. He’s really on top of the world!
5. Look at that big smile on your face, you look as happy as a clam!
6. He’s been buzzing ever since he passed the TOEFL exam.
7. We would be over the moon if we won the lottery.
8. Jenna is always in seventh heaven when she eats good chocolate ice cream.
Improve Your English Even More
Want to take your learning even further? Then remember to put these expressions in Anki to help you memorize them and start using them every day. Don’t have Anki? Learn more about this magnificent tool here.
If you enjoyed this article, then go check out the other great resources Kaplan has to offer.
Want to practice? Make your own examples with these expressions and post them in the comments below. We’ll correct you if you make mistakes.