- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save)
Special guest-Josh Plotkin from Brazilian Gringo
Words to Know
- Cholesterol – fatty substance you find in food from McDonalds
- Vegemite – a bitter paste eaten by Australians
- Acai – fruit sorbet found in Brazil
- Fair-weather friend – a friend who only appears when things are good
- Show up – arrive late or unexpectedly
- Heaps of – a lot of (common in Australian English)
- Open my eyes to something – realize something for the first time
- B.H. – Belo Horizonte, the capital city of Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Biarch – gangster way to say “bitch” but is also used to joke around
- Fo shizzle – for sure, slang used commonly by Snoop Dogg
- Captain Planet – superhero TV show
- Profits – money made by a company
- Keep your head above water – figurative expression meaning you are just surviving financially
- Puppet – a small figure or animal that you put your hand in to play with
- Space out – to not be paying attention to anything around you
- Meat head – guys who are so muscular that they don’t have a neck
- Beat up – to punch and kick someone aggressively
- Behind someone’s back – to say something about someone so they can’t hear you
- Flatuate – to fart
- Toot – to fart
- Let one rip – to fart
- Cut the cheese – to fart
- One cheek sneak – to fart
- Weirdo – a strange person
- Skeptical – when you are doubtful before you try something
- Parody – something that imitates a song for comic effect or ridicule
- 162 people went to the RLE party in Belo Horizonte last Saturday, thanks to everyone who came!!
- Chad went to yoga for the first time. Warning – don’t do yoga under a tree full of birds
Members from Real Life English recorded live at the RLE party.
- Gustavo Igor
- Ana Leticia
- Brunao Teixeira
- Gustavo Rocha
- Whats the difference between “may” and “might”?
- On fire
- Tread water
- On earth
- Pump Iron
- Pass wind
- How to make your trip to the USA better with CRAIGSLIST
Vote which joke is better in the comments below:
- Always remember that you are unique… just like everyone else. (Trevor)
- Why don’t blind people go skydiving? Because it’s not much fun for the dog. (Josh)
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email:[email protected]